Skilled farmers ready for sustainable farming
CM Devendra Fadnavis believes in sustainable farming through skill development
Mumbai: Through the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) the farmers will be trained in modern and experimentative farming. This project will prove to be path-breaking and will bring about transformation in farming. Through this programme, the farmers will be ready for the development of agriculture, said Fadnavis in Mumbai on Wednesday. Around three lakh farmers from the state will be benefitted through this mission.
State Agriculture Minister Chandrakant Patil, Minister of Labour and Employment, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Sambhaji Patil Nilangekar, Annasaheb Patil Arthik Magas Vikas Mahamandal Head Narendra Patil, Agriculture and Water Conservation Secretary Eknath Davale, Skill Development Secretary Assem Gupta and Skill Development Commissioner Virendra Singh were also present.
“This training will help farmers take a step towards sustainable farming practices,” said Nilangekar.
Fadnavis said, “The farmers can seek information about late Nanaji Deshmukh Krishi Sanjivani Yojana. The scheme will help them to coordinate between agriculture and market and will also help them increase their farming productivity. Under PMKVY the farmers will be trained to do group farming.”
He added that in the last few years, agriculture is undergoing several changes due to fluctuations in rainfall, use of pesticides to boost productivity, inflated market prices, highlighting the need for training of farmers.
International experts of Simaces Learning LLP and Palladium India Consulting Private Limited will implement this programme on the State-level.
Chhatrapati Rajaram Maharaj Entrepreneurship and Skill Development Mission of Annasaheb Patil Arthik Magas Vikas Mahamandal
CM Devendra Fadnavis:
Chhatrapati Rajaram Maharaj Entrepreneurship and Skill Development Mission of Annasaheb Patil Arthik Magas Vikas Mahamandal will create employment opportunities in villages and young boys and girls from farmers’ families will reap the benefits.
Sambhaji Patil Nilangekar:
Chhatrapati Rajaram Maharaj Entrepreneurship and Skill Development Mission of Annasaheb Patil Arthik Magas Vikas Mahamandal will create an army of skilled farmers. And this is a revolutionary step.
- To procure world-class technology.
- Community development through group farming.
- Simaces Learning LLP and Palladium India Consulting Private Limited to implement.
- Project duration: 16 months.
- It will be implemented in 34 districts phase-wise. In the first phase, it will be implemented in three districts of Vidarbha: Nagpur, Wardha, Chandrapur; Marathwada: Latur, Beed, and Nanded.
- Nearly, 3 lakh farmers will receive free three-day training through 1,873 state corporation offices.
- Benefits for participants include: Certificates issued to entrepreneurs in group farming; accidental insurance worth Rs 2 lakh for two years; farmers will get benefits under Annasaheb Patil Finance Development Corporation on the priority basis.
- Farmers Skill Development Programme conducted in Patan Savagi, Nagpur district, Kandhali, Wardha district and Mul, Chandrapur district.
- Fadnavis interacted with the farmers through video-conferencing on the second day of the workshop.
Quotes by farmers
“We are happy that CM Fadnavis is serious about this scheme and since he has spoken to us on the first day, it boosts our confidence. The farmers will be encouraged for group farming.” — Pandurang Naukarkar, Vikhani, Wardha.
“We are ready for farming, but despite our hard work, we hardly earn any profit. We are hopeful that this programme will revolutionise farming in the State. — Santosh Garje, Nandgaon, Latur